Sunday, February 3, 2013

Dundrum

Today I tried to wake up earli-ish because I wanted to go to Dundrum, a small village right outside of Dublin. It only takes a 20 minute ride on the LUAS to get there. The LUAS is a tram serving Dublin which is supposed to reach most parts of the city. I find it quite weird though, because it only has two lines and they're not connected. I think you would need to walk through the city at least 15 minutes to get from the Red Line to the Green Line, which doesn't make much sense. But I assume it is a work in progress and they'll eventually connect the two. It doesn't affect me much regardless, since I'll be walking to work everyday.
Dundrum is such an adorable place. I just loved the houses with coulourful doors and windowpanes, the cute little shops and the beautiful Holy Cross Church. Dundrum is also home to a great shopping centre. I loved it for two reasons: the italian restaurant of one of my cooking idols, Jamie Oliver, AND the awesome three stories high Hamley's toy shop. The kid in me just took charge and I completely got lost in there... I regret nothing! ^^









Dundrum


In the afternoon I headed back to the city and, since it was still early, I went to the Natural History Museum. Mammals, birds, fish, insects... they have it all. My favourites were the giant deer skeletons in the Irish A
nimals section. Unfortunately, pictures weren't allowed... But I'm pretty sure I won't forget their impressive size. They were so, so big!

I had so much fun this weekend. Everything is so new and exciting. I think I'm going to love every minute here! But after so much exploring I must get ready for my first day at work tomorrow... Wish me luck!!




No comments:

Post a Comment