Thursday, February 21, 2013

Nando's

Guess what I discovered... A Portuguese restaurant right in the middle of Dublin!

It's called Nando's, short for Fernando, a very true Portuguese name. It was actually my father's name, so I immediately liked the choice. But there's so much more to like about Nando's... The food is unbelievably good. It really reminded me of the food back home. The richness of flavours and textures... I was missing this so much! Not that I don't like Irish food, on the contrary. So far I've loved everything I've eaten. But this is special to me. It comforts me, takes me back to my mom's cooking and that's just priceless.

I've been told it's a chain and there's a couple more in Dublin and abroad. So if you have a chance to go to one, don't miss it. It's the best chicken you've ever had in your life, guaranteed!


Nando's

I was also very pleased because the waiters there are portuguese, so I got to talk a little Portuguese with them and share some experiences of the life of a portuguese person in Dublin. It felt really nice, like I was transported to a portuguese corner right in the heart of Dublin. So I guess I know where to go next time I'm missing home! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment