Friday, February 8, 2013

Mr. Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe

Today I decided to walk through Dame Street during my lunch time. As my eyes innocently wandered through the shops and restaurants' windows I suddenly stopped and stood there staring as this incredible sweets shop appeared right before me. The cheerful music and warmth inside (as if the sweets weren't all I cared about at this point) invited me in. Imagine walls covered in shelves from top to bottom. Now imagine those shelves filled with the most amazing selection of sweets in all kinds, shapes and flavours. Being the sweet-tooth that I am, it blew my mind instantly.

Mr. Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe

I think one of the reasons why I loved it so was because it reminded me so much of Honey Dukes in Hogsmeade! (For those of you who don't know, I am a huge Harry Potter geek, also known as Potterhead.)

So there I was, wandering through the shop, trying to fulfill the impossible task of deciding what to buy, because I literally wanted everything... And then I looked at the counter and froze: they had Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs and Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans!!!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes! Obviously I didn't need to look any further...


I just couldn't wait to try them, but I was getting late for work, so I decided to wait until I got home, which was a very smart move, because let me tell you, Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans aren't very easy on your stomach... 


I was excited to try the weird flavours because the ones I got before were just regular jelly beans inside an Harry Potter package. But these where the real deal. The box included flavours like Grass, Black Pepper, Rotten Egg, Dirt, Sausage, Soap, Booger, Earthworm and the highly acclaimed Earwax, amongst some scarce pleasant flavours like Green Apple, Banana, Lemon, Blueberry, Cherry, Watermelon and Marshmallow. I must say the Earwax and Booger ones were actually quite tasty in comparison with the Rotten Egg one. That was the absolute worst. I can still feel that taste in my mouth. It actually tastes like rotten eggs, so I almost felt sick after eating it. I probably won't be eating any more beans in the near future, but I'm glad I experienced it!As for the Chocolate Frogs, yum! And they come with a colectible card, just like the real ones. I got none other than Gilderoy Lockhart... Needless to say now I want them all, so I guess I'll be buying more of these until I have one of each!


So yeah, this discovery totally made my day and I'm pretty sure I'll be going to Mr. Simms A LOT while I'm here... Yey!

No comments:

Post a Comment